Acoustic panel from mycelium thesis

Hi all,

For my product design bachelor thesis I made an acoustic panel from mycelium.
You can read my thesis here.

[Update from previous post version:] My full prototyping and research report can be found here.

Good luck and may the shrooms be with you! :wink:

Ellen

6 Likes

Big congratulations and thanks for sharing here @Ellen ! I’m sure it will inspire and help many people after you venturing into the magic mycelium material world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ellen,

I just went through your thesis - amazing stuff! So much detail and very beautiful to look through - thanks for sharing here :slight_smile:
I am applying for a PhD in opportunity related to fungal material composites and I would love to speak to you to ask about your work - any info would be great for my application I reckon!
Hope to get in touch - check your inbox!

Regards,
Pete

2 Likes

Hi
can you please mail me your pdf report.
send it to bassey.pentasoft@gmail.com

Thanks

2 Likes

I want it too please!
a07890a@gmail.com

1 Like

Thanks for the intrest. You should’ve both got it though mail. Good luck with it!
Ellen

2 Likes

Hi Ellen,
Can you kindly mail me your pdf.
email:Olufemi.ikukoyi@gmail.com.
Regards.

1 Like

Hi! I would like to see the report! :slight_smile:
lievedam@hotmail.nl

Lieve

1 Like

Hi Ellen can you send it to me please verry interesting and thank you for sharing with us .
yaminabouchikh@yahoo.fr

1 Like

I work in a warehouse/shop without available office space. In want to grow panels out of mycelium material and make a tiny office out of them.

Any advice?

Hello Ellen,

My name is Mariana and I’m living in Mexico. Let me say that your investigation it is very interesting. I am an architect and I am wondering if I can have your pdf report. I would like to try it for structural terms and see if it is possible to me to build some interestinng things.
marianabecerril21@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi Ellen,
can you send me your experiment report, please.
mantas.svidras@gmail.com

Your bachelor thesis looks amazing!
Thank you!

1 Like

@Ellen, I’d be interested in reading your report as well.
tyler.davis3890@gmail.com
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Albercook, sorry for the late reply, i am not on the forum a lot anymore these days. My advice would be: if it is for structure: heat press the panels. If it is for acoustics: don’t press. :slight_smile:
If you send me your mail, I can send you the details of my project. Might help. Good luck!

Hi Ellen,
first of all thanks a lot for sharing. Really amazing work! May I ask of some details of your project too minarik85@gmail.com
Thanks

1 Like

@kastrol You can find a link in the text. It wasn’t there before. :slight_smile:

1 Like