(small re-intro of what I’m doing: I’m an architectural engineering student at VUB researching bacterial cellulose’s mechanical properties in an architectural context for my master thesis under @Elise’s supervision .)
Here was my first post (Nov. '18)
I unfortunately didn’t add any of my continuation on the forum up until now, but I’m repicking up the line! I just posted an overview of post-processing of BC that I’m carrying out at the moment (March '19)
In this post I just wanted to share an interesting test series I carried out in december on the subject of SEAMS between BC sheets. Elise had told me about the possibility of BC sheet that could grow together, and I had decided to try this with small samples. I didn’t find anything about this online (neither DIY or academic) so I made a comparison between wet and dry states, and sterile and non-sterile states, check the screenshots to read immediately or google drive link to the pdf of my WIP thesis to read more
here is the drive link. I’ll try to update it once in a while with my progression. The seam tests are at page 13 to 16.
if interested, dont hesitate to check my other posts on Bacterial cellulose.
thank you for reading me!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Master Thesis by Bastien Damsin, Under supervision of Elise Elsacker, Prof. Lars De Laet and Prof. Eveline Peeters / Vrije Universiteit Brussel / Department of Architectural Engineering and Bioengineering Sciences.