This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- List of materials
This is a smal manual on harvesting spirulina. If you like to remain growing spirulina then keep 1/2 or 1/3 of the spirulina, and add nutrients water.
2. List of materials
-A sieve cloth, or if you don’t have one a clean dishcloth
-A bigger bowl to catch the remaining water
-Clips to keep the cloth on its a place
-A glass or smaller jar
-A glass plate
- Prepare the bigger bucket as on the photo.
- Pour the algae water over the cloth, I like to use a smaller bottel or glass to prevent any leaking.
- Wait until the water is gone trough the cloth, check if the water in the bowl is clean.
- Use the spoon to scrape the algae carefully from the cloth.
- Keep the algae on a clean plate to dry.
If you like to continue growing spirulina simply add nutrients liquid to the saved spirulina.
For One liter of nutrients liquid:
1 L of water, No tap water! (Filtered water, Distilled water or rain water)
16 gr / L sodium bicarbonate
1 gr /L sea salt
2 gr / L potassium nitrate
0,5 gr / L potassium sulphate
0,1 gr / L ammonium phosphate
0,1 gr / L magnesium sulphate few drops of an iron solution and lime
Place the tank back in light and add airflow.