these experiments are about combining kumbucha with natural fibers that also insulate well.
when they were 0.5 cm thick i harvested them. then i used 2 of them and put some natural fibers in between them to dry.
this one is with listia
this one with reed.
and this one with sheepswool (getting it was a story on itself)
i also made one without any fibers in between. this so i could test the tensile strength after everything dried.
this wasnt nessecairy as the diffirent sheets of kumbucha didnt grow together. i think this can be solved by either pressing it between 2 pieces of wood while drying or by putting it all in a small spot surrounded by a good seal of kumbucha.