Since february i’ve been growing my own kombucha leather.
Most of this was in little containers so it was easy to do little experiments.
One day i had made to much tea for the containers i had so i decided to fill up a big curverbox too.
I filled the box with 5-10 cm of tea and added a good amount of scoby’s
Somehow tea from the same batch gave way better results in the little container than the big one.
After talking with some friends we thought i might be because the amount of tea and the surface weren’t in balance with each other.
So i brewed 35 liters so i could fill a curverbox. Somehow this didn’t really change anything about the results i was getting.
I’m not sure what i did wrong but i think the amount of tea in the box wasn’t the problem.
All the rest of the proces i did exactly the same as the small batches who gave me a thick sheet of leather.
this stays a mystery to me
what i’ve learned about this is that for sure bigger isn’t always better!