Mechanical, physical and chemical characterisation of mycelium-based composites with different types of lignocellulosic substrates

A preprint of my first journal paper is finally available on: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/569749v1

It’s still not published and has still to be peer-reviewed, so please feel free to comment, correct and compare your results…

I’d love some feedback from the community!!

Creative Commons License

Paper by Elise Elsacker, Under supervision of Prof. Lars De Laet and Prof. Eveline Peeters / Vrije Universiteit Brussel / Department of Architectural Engineering and Bioengineering Sciences.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Looks great! I’ll be sure to give you feedback on it once I finish reading through it.

Hi Elise,

Great work of you and the others and really promising results in terms of insulation values. And thank you for being open about the complete process, unlike other works (as you point out as well). I have one question regarding the used methods, why did you choose to use ASTM D 5334 – 00 for thermal insulation tests instead of a hot plate method (for example NEN-EN 12667), which are more common for insulating materials similar to mycelium composites?

Simply because we don’t have the setup to do those test according to that norm with a hot plate at my university.

All right, thank you for your response!