Hi, we are three master students in design and just started a new project where mycelium is the main subject in our research.
We have formulated the following design question: "How to design an application in which the mycelium contributes to the reduction of CO2 and the increase of biodiversity in the built environment in public space?"
To this end, we formulated these preliminary research questions:
- What options are there for growing mycelium vertically?
- Does it need structural support?
- What options are there for designing with living mycelium?
- Can we grow plants on living or dried mycelium?
- How exactly does the CO2 storage in mycelium work?
We are looking for experts, studies, examples, cooperation, etc. Thank you in advance for your input.
greetings, Myrthe, Krista & Bartel